Monday, December 29, 2008
Ringing in the New Year
It's been a while since I've written in this blog. To be honest, I haven't decided yet if this is something that I can commit to. I have a bit of a discipline problem and this is one of it's victims.
I just got back from Monterey, CA, where I spent Christmas with my mother's side of the family. I had a terrific time for the most part, spent some quality time with my family, and only took part in a couple of arguments (my family members are all very...how shall I call it? Opinionated?
Anyway, as the New Year is approaching, I can't help but think of the many things that I need to do to regain control over my life. I've always felt like I've been on autopilot and lately I've been disappointed in myself for not taking the reins of my own life and doing with it what I truly want. So 2009 is the year...for starters, my resolutions:
1) Create a budget (and TRY to stick to it)
2) Cut my credit card debt (no more adding to it)
3) Lose 10 lbs by the summer (ideally 15, but...baby steps)
4) Figure out what to do career wise, and if that means find a new job, then so be it
5) Get a hobby (ie. stop being so lazy!)
6) Learn discipline!
Well, that's it, for starters. Sometimes I think I havent quite accepted that I'm an adult...and at 27, I'm starting to run out of excuses.
Cheers to the New Year!