Friday, June 13, 2008

Charity: Water

So today, I've been reading up on Charity: Water. I watched an increadible PSA on this organization about a month ago that moved me quite deeply: http://www.charitywater.org/public_service/play.htm

I have always been deeply committed to development, especially having grown up in the Philippines and been exposed to income inequality the likes of which one does not see in the States, where I live now. I like to believe that we are all connected, in some way, and as such, it is our duty to do what we can to help those who have not been as lucky as I have been.

There are thousands upon thousands of non-profits and charities out there, but every once in a while, one stands out among the many. Charity: Water is one of them.

1.1 billion people in the world don't have access to clean water. Think about it.

No comments: