Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dreaming of San Fran

So lately I've been on this huge "move to the west coast" kick that I just can't seem to kick.

Anyone who knows me is well aware of the fact that I have a wandering soul. I can't seem to settle anywhere and within about 2 years I get ansy and start planning my next step.

Well, its been over 2 years that I've been in DC and I'm SO ready to move. Now the long term plan has always been to hope over the pond, make a move to Europe and maybe even Asia. I'm blessed in that I have a boyfriend who is very supportive of my "need to be an expat" issue and has also been bitten by the travel bug.

Nevertheless, making the decision to move is a big one. I've now convinced myself that it must happen next year :) 2009 seems like a good year to move doesnt it?

San Francisco has always been one of my favorite cities. I've spent time there pretty much every summer of my life, but have never been lucky enough to live there. I think it would be a great place to spend a couple of years before moving to another country! Its near the beach, near mountains (for my boy who loves skiing) and near my family (which is gong to be a first for me, I've never lived near family)

So here I am...consumed by this NEED to move. I'm curious to see what happens. Until then, I'll just daydream of eating those yummy mini donuts on the wharf...oooh and the yummy french cafe in union square...

1 comment:

AbFabDC said...

I don't see why you have to move so far away from me :-( I'm only going to visit you if you can ensure Uncle Jesse will pick me up at the airport on his bike and the Full House theme song will be playing in your house at all times.