Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thoughts on friendship, love and relationships

It's a frustrating thing, when you have to watch your friend make stupid decisions. Don't get me wrong, I've made those very decisions myself - trusting people I shouldn't have trusted, letting myself be walked over and cheated on in relationships.

What I dont understand, is why come to me for advice and to vent, if you wont heed the advice that I have to give. Now I'm one of those people who believes that being a friend does not mean agreeing with everything your friend says and does, but rather, it means being the one person who can say: "you are wrong."

The particular friend in question, is in a destructive relationship, that she needs to get out of. I understand that it is hard to break up with someone you love... but lately I've come to realize that love... is actually a rather unoriginal thing.

If you think about it, every relationship (love or not) ends, until you get married...and even then some of those end. But after every failed relationship comes another relationship and so on and so forth. We humans are stronger emotionally than we let ourselves believe. So yes, break ups hurt, but in time, you heal and you fall in love again.

And the cycle continues...

Some people say im cynical...or bitter because of my lack of belief in "the one". I disagree, I believe we have soulmates yes, but I dont believe that there is one person on the planet that we are meant to be with.

No comments: