Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A triumphant return....to France



I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am about my pending trip to Europe.

Until 2005, I was lucky enough to spend time in France (and by default many other countries) every year. Every summer, after visiting my American side of the family in California, I would head over to France to see my dad's side of the family. Through college I made sure to either have internships, or educational opportunities in Europe.

Unfortunately, now that I am out of grad school, I dont have the money (or the time) to be jetting off to Europe for weeks on end.

Anyway...I'm babbling. The point is, the boyfriend and I are planning a triumphant return. Paris, the Loire Valley castles, La Vallade (middle of nowhere countryside where my grams lives) and Wurzburg (where the boy has old family friends).

Oddly enough, I have never seen the casles of the Loire (and if I did, I was way too young to remember!) I am SO excited!!! I love history, and being able to see Amboise and Chambord will be glorious indeed.

We may even throw in a champagne tour...mmm

Oh, but I get ahead of myself...first buy plane tickets...

No comments: